Awards are great for really bringing your book to life 🙂 Personal to you, they are fun, humorous and a great way to remember your time at school. Whether you hold your awards voting online or offline, you can use our system to create some fantastic pages to add to your book. We expect to launch our awards page design tools in early 2015, you can get the ball rolling in the meantime with our favourite awards suggestions.
Editors: To create your awards, simply click the Votes & awards button in the Design & manage tab. You’ll notice as you add in each of your awards categories that it will default to using all members as nominees. If you’d prefer to choose only specific members click the custom nominees option, pop your nominees into the box and click save 🙂
To vote on awards you’ll need to click into the votes tab and cast your votes for each category using the drop down menus. Remember to click the green cast votes button when you are finished to register and complete your voting!
Our production and delivery time varies depending which type of book you choose and we’ve reduced our times right down this year to give you the quickest turnarounds possible. When you choose a delivery date you will be given a print deadline as well, so do make sure that both of these dates work for you!
Missing your print deadline will mean that your planned delivery date is no longer possible, and you’ll be moved to the next free slot (which may not be the following day). In previous years there has been a bit of wiggle room, though this year your order needs to be fully approved and ready to send to print by 3pm on the date you are given.
We’d suggest setting a deadline of around a week before your print date, and closing the book down to all members then. That will give you (and your staff proofreader) time to read over the book thoroughly and make any necessary changes. Please bear in mind we cannot send your order to print without full approval from both of you.
Budget paperbacks & Standard laminated hardbacks: 2 weeks from print to delivery
Premium hardbacks (leatherette or laminated): 3 weeks from print to delivery
Awards pages are a great part of your yearbook, you can set up serious ones, funny ones, or a mix of both, but do be careful you don’t include anything upsetting or offensive.
Here are some of our favourites (and a word cloud is a great way to display them!)
– Most likely to become Prime Minister
– Most likely to be famous
– Most likely to become a millionaire
– Most likely to win a Nobel Prize
– Most likely to become a WAG * Most likely to win an Oscar
– Most likely to take over the world
– Most likely to marry for money
– Most likely to get married first
– Most likely To Become A Model
– Most likely To Become A Nun
– Most likely to appear on Jeremy Kyle
– Most likely to win an Olympic Medal
– Most likely to rule the World
– Most likely to win X Factor
– Most likely to cure cancer
– Most likely to become a teacher
– Most likely to break a world record
– Most likely to become a comedian
– Most likely to win the lottery but lose the ticket
– Most likely to get ID’d when they’re 30
– Couple most likely to get married
– Best dressed
– Best smile
– Best laugh
– Best couple
– Best hair
– Best looking female
– Best looking male
– Best Sportsman
– Best Sportswoman
– Best dancer
– Best bum
– Best musician
– Best legs
– Best teacher
– Best newcomer
– Best artist
– Best double act
– Best personality
– Best singer
– Best party
– Best Driver
– Best comedian
– Worst driver
– Worst attendance
– Most gullible
– Most sarcastic
– Most creative
– Most musical
– Most blonde
– Most hardworking
– Most artistic
– Most annoying laugh
– Most caring
– Most annoying but loved
– Most organised
– Most competitive
– Biggest Drama Queen
– Biggest flirt
– Biggest gossip
– Biggest party animal
– Biggest ego
– Biggest poser
– Biggest chav
– Class clown
– Funniest person
– Rear of the year
– Cutest couple
– Teachers pet
– Nicest person
– Party animal
– Funniest teacher
– Funniest laugh
– Nicest smile
– Favourite teacher
– Loudest person
– Prom queen
– Happiest person
– The [name of school] prize for outstanding achievement in the field of excellence
Bear in mind that something you meant as a joke might not be so funny to the person who wins it (or to their mum!). There has even been a case of a parent nearly suing a school when their child won the award for ‘most likely to go to prison’…not a great one to include! If you’re not sure, do ask a teacher – each school will have their own rules as to what’s acceptable and what’s not, so it’s best to check.
We’re so pleased to have a growing international following, and we want to make it as smooth for you as possible. Payments from overseas can go wrong, so here’s how to do them right!
We only take international payments by bank transfer. Cheques can take time in the post, go missing, or incur big charges for you on arrival.
For added comfort, we recommend making your transfer as early as you can at each payment stage. For second payments within the UK, we suggest they are made at least 2 weeks ahead of the go-to-print date; for international groups we’d advise 3 or 4 weeks ahead.
We also recommend that you request your bank to do the currency conversion at their end, and then make the payment to our bank in UK pounds. This will usually give you the lowest bank charges 😉
To make your international transfer, you’ll need our IBAN number and/or BIC/Swift code – please contact us for these.
Editors: Design and direct the yearbook. Editors set and change the yearbook style, plan and modify pages, check and edit member content and uploads. They have access to all areas of the yearbook, including all member entries.
Set up profile questions, groups, photo labels and awards before allowing access to members.
Members: Anyone who contributes content. Members who login have less access than editors (You’ll notice just the tabs in blue):
- members can answer profile questions and suggest answers for friends in the Words tab; upload photos for use on their profile and throughout the book via the pics tab; register their online awards votes.
- members can’t edit anyone else’s profile; delete uploaded photos other than their own; download photos or content; view account info like price or voting results; change yearbook page styles or other settings
View how to invite or add members to the yearbook here.
Our new B5 yearbooks are a lovely size to read, and our improved pricing means you get a hardback book as standard, as well as a lot more pages for your money than in previous years.
Our standard hardback cover is finished with a full colour laminated design that our designers will work on with you. You can either provide us with the complete covers, or we can make them to your specifications.
If you have a bit of extra money in your budget you can either add some extra pages to your book (and fill them with free collages!) or you could go for our premium upgrade package 🙂 Option 1 is our premium laminated hardback and just £5 extra per book gets you all of these great upgrades:
- foil engraving on your front cover
- printed endpapers inside both covers – these are the pages directly inside the front and back covers, and are the perfect place to put a year group photo, or your favourite collage, and
- a bookmark ribbon in a choice of 15 colours
Our second option is the premium leatherette hardback:
- Leather effect hardback with foil engraving on your front cover- you can see the foil and the leather effect colours below (bear in mind that the leather colours come out sightly darker than pictured here)
- printed endpapers inside both covers
- a bookmark ribbon in a choice of 15 colours
Bookmark Ribbon Swatch
Or why not do both?! For £5-6 extra you could have our premium upgrade and a pile of extra pages for collages, more profile space or a few more fond farewells from the staff – less than you’d pay for a pizza, and it’ll last a heck of a lot longer!
If you’d like to see our books, you can order a free information pack from us (email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, school name and address). These are printed and bound in the same way as our yearbooks, and finished with our premium laminated hardback option.
If you’ve any further questions about your books, please do get in touch!